29 December 2005

Gigli in USA-TEXAS

A great six days for me and longer for Barbara in Dallas. Christmas day was warm, but we had a wonderful day in spite of me having the malignant distemper of a bad cold. The warmth of the combined families, a new granddaughter (3 mos. old), beautiful gifts, delicious food, and beautiful weather made it a time not to be forgotten. One of the nicest things was the guest house that we lived in, and I could cocoon myself in while I hoped not to die. Can't bitch because these malidies come only every 2-3 three years.

With sadness, we flew to Atlanta and then to Huntsville, AL. In Atlanta, the plane had a bad pressure switch on a valve in #2 engine. We sat around for about 90 minutes with a third full plane while the crew did a great job of keeping us happy (no bar service on this 32 minute flight). The switch was changed(AS WAS THE VALVE), and we got to HSV well in advance of my houseape, her husband, and the two grandapes coming from EWR. The best thing was when the departure was ready, the captain (who had done a great job of walking us through the whole process from start to finish)came on the speaker and said, "I have great news, I saved a bunch on my car insurance." The he told us also, that we could get home for the evening. Say what you wish, but the "remaining few" of Delta are some good folks! So, we flew out of Dallas in sadness and arrived to the joy of another wonderful family.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you have a blog. Your comments are always interesting and I'm sure stir the pot a bit. Your holiday sounded like a lot of fun - a guest house yet!!! Only in Texas I guess.