25 October 2006

Bozo's BBQ

In Mason, Tennessee between Jackson and Memphis there is a restaurant called Bozo's BBQ. It is on Highway 70 which used to be the main drag between the east and west coasts of the USA and runs the length of Tennessee. As a kid traveling with my parents, we always timed a trip to or from Memphis to coincide with lunch or supper there. The place was always crowded, and the BBQ was wonderful. The arrival of Interstate 70 bypassed Mason, and I thought no more of it until fifty years later.

A couple of years ago, Barbara and I were near Mason and went to see if the place was still there. I was pretty sure that it remained because I had Googlized it, and it had a webpage. It was only a couple of miles off the interstate, and there Bozo's was! It looked like it always had except that the parking lot seemed smaller.

I am here to tell you that Bozo's BBQ is still going strong, has great southern style food and hospitality, even sold me a Bozo's ball cap. Next time you are in Mason, Tennessee, drop by.

No comments: