05 November 2006

Rats and Red Wine

There is a new report out on red wine. Many of you know that red wine drinkers are supposed to derive cardiac and vascular benefits from their imbibing this beverage. Well, listen up, this is just in!! Red wine fed to rats, that's right rats, also gives them health benefits and longevity. Isn't that just the most comforting thing you have heard all day?

Now, I may be in the minority here, but I haven't had a pet rat in years. In fact, I have NEVER had a pet rat. I doubt that my feelings on the subject will change either. I still think that those of you who love the the little rodents will be comforted by this bit of reassuring knowledge. Just think, little Felix, Marie Theresa, or whatever the rat's name is, will have a longer and healthier life if you can just get it to suck up a little of the grape each day.

Heaven forbid that some of the little pests will develop an appreciation for vintage, hybrids, or localities associated with red wines.

No comments: