13 November 2006

Old Classmates

One of the most unpleasant aspects (to me at least) of "getting on in years" is hearing and seeing old friends get older and, as they say here in CH, starting to "close the circle of life". Mortality is a fact, no doubt about it. As I have said before, one would be a fool to wish for life to never end.

Our high school class will have its 50th reunion next summer. The group has been particularly good about maintaining contacts, and email plays a big part of that now. We get emails when someone is sick or has died. Now one member has been designated as the contact for everyone to pass on information to about the members who die or have some illness. She then emails almost a hundred of us. I guess that I like this. At least next year at the reunion, I won't have the unpleasant news put on me all at once.

No comments: