06 February 2006

Note from a "Fan"

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Opening Salvo":

"What a pathetic loser you are and a racist to boot. You obviously have an unwarranted huge ego. You are right, no one cares about what you say. You are a sad man."

The above is a comment posted by an anonymous person regarding my first ever blog entry. I think it is obvious that our opinions differ, and it is too good to just lie unnoticed by many who don't always read the comments.

Let's dissect it a bit.

"pathetic loser": There is a lot of pathos in the world. I have been close to some in the past and may see more in the future. "Losers" don't always seem pathetic to me. We have all seen losers who were gracious and even enriched by that experience.

"racist": Racism is a human condition. Those who decry it the loudest are often the most racist. Denial is a powerful mental mechanism and likely a mainstay of this person's psyche.

"unwarranted huge ego": Without ego, people do not even come close to reaching their potential. It isn't a dirty word. Whether the ego of a given person is warranted or not is anyone's opinion. I think we know what this person's opinion is.

"You are right, no one cares about what you say.": Can't fault this person for agreeing with me, can I?

"You are a sad man." Again, he/she got that right. I am sad that this person is so consumed with ill feeling just because we have different points of view on a given subject. He would do better to emulate his old friend who frequently disagrees with me but without this hostility.

This said, I must admit that it is with gratification for me to be able to stir this person's pot so effectively.

Thanks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please know that this one disgruntled reader is only one of many who enjoy your postings both here and on the Idyllchat site and we love to read them, even if we don't always agree wholeheartedly! Keep up your work.

Fred (pseudonym) said...

A little support is always welcome! My first job as a sack boy in a grocery at age 14 taught me that you can't please everyone.